How can I best benefit from counselling?
As a client, there are certain steps you can take to help make the counselling process work best for you. I recommend the following:
- Attend scheduled sessions and arrive on time
- Be specific about the concerns that have brought you to counselling
- Work to establish goals
- Give thought to what you would like to discuss during each session
- Be willing to explore new behaviours within and outside of your sessions
- Complete assigned homework tasks/readings
- Discuss ongoing progress and work to modify your goals if needed.
A therapy session is typically 60 minutes long, once a week or every two weeks, and then at decreasing intervals as you near your therapy goals.
You can cancel your session provided you’ve given a minimum 24-hour notice.
The fee for a 60 minute session is $100 payable at the end of each session by Cash, Cheque, Visa or MasterCard. I’m not set up for Debit Cards at this time.