A therapy session is typically 50 minutes long, once a week or every two weeks, and then at increasing intervals as you near your therapy goals.
Your first visit is an intake interview, expect that this will take about an hour. This first meeting involves collecting information about your health, general attitudes, state of mind, and goals that you hope to achieve in coming to counselling.
The fee is $100 for a 50 minute session payable at the end of each session by cash, cheque, Visa or MasterCard. I’m not set up for Debit Cards at this time.
Distance counselling sessions via Skype or Telephone are also available with prepayment.
You can cancel your session provided you’ve given a minimum 24-hour notice. Otherwise, you will be charged a full fee for the canceled session.If you miss a session without notice, you will also be charged a full fee.
I will entertain a sliding fee scale if there is genuine hardship.What I don’t do is work for free. Something that you pay for has much more long term real value than something gotten for free.
How can I best benefit from counselling?
As a client, there are certain steps you can take to help make the counselling process more beneficial to you. I recommend the following:
- Attend scheduled sessions and arrive on time
- Be specific about the concerns that have led you to seek counselling
- Work with your counsellor to establish goals
- Give thought to what you would like to discuss during each session
- Be willing to explore new behaviours within and outside of your sessions
- Complete assigned homework tasks/readings
- Discuss ongoing progress and work with your Counsellor to modify your goals